A Life Half Lived is wonderful biography and memoir by a father who lost his son in a tragic car accident. Darryl Rodgers’s love for his son Chase shines through on every page of this book. Chase made some bad choices about substance abuse, the company he kept and the final decision about getting into the car with an impaired driver.
As the father explains, Chase packed forty years of life into twenty years. The book is so engaging that the reader doesn’t want to stop. When Darryl wrote the book, it appears he was trying to figure out where he went wrong, or what Continue reading →
TOP TEN THINGS marijuana enthusiasts say to defend this psychoactive drug:
1. It’s natural
2. It cures cancer, cannabis is good for anxiety and depression
3. It’s never killed anyone
4. I have studies to prove how good it is.
5. The anti-pot people are all prohibitionists, propagandists
6. It’s safer than alcohol
7. What’s the big deal already, let’s just legalize
8. Marijuana will make a lot of money from taxes
9. The Cartel will go away if we legalize
10. We imprison 1000’s of people from marijuana not being legal Continue reading →
Marijuana Debunked is a recently-published book by an addictions psychiatrist, Dr. Ed Gogek. The pro-legalization community pretends that the only policy choices are legalization and jail. However, if the legalization advocates told us that truth, they would lose their talking points. Gogek exposes the flaws of their arguments.
Here’s a sample of some quotes from the book, each one an important issue for parents who are faced with the challenge of educating our children about drugs.
An addictions specialist, Dr. Hill provides an unbiased, honest and factual report. He makes the complex issues associated with decriminalization and legalization understandable. Dr. Hill concludes that legalizing “medical” and recreational Continue reading →